We want to reward you, in your efforts to keep the planet Green and safe!
While recycling and reuse has doubled over the last three years, only 10% of mobile phones are currently being recycled. Based on EPA estimates, over 2 billion unused mobile phone handsets have accumulated in Australia, U.K and U.S. households. And every year, another 200 million phones are replaced, further compounding this problem.
Heard of toxic chemicals like Lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium, and polyvinyl chloride? Each day we throw away more than 562,000 mobile phones, over 200 million per year and computers? 130,000 - Daily, making electronic waste the fastest growing part of the garbage stream. And when improperly disposed of they can leak lead, cadmium, mercury… you get the idea.
And these can all affect the quality of clean water, agriculture and soil used for food supplies.
- To reduce the worlds disregarded technology with the vision to refurbish and re-commission technology for developing counties.
- By helping to keep mobile phones out of landfills. Your mobile phone will be refurbished and distributed to developing counties, where they will play a major part in people lives.
- And any mobile phones that are beyond economic repair are broken down and the parts will be recycled for the making of new products.
Did you know
- 90% of the material in mobile phones can be recovered and reused.
- Between 60 – 90% of the future greenhouse gases, can be avoided by using recycled materials.
- Lithium ion batteries contain Cobalt, which can be recovered and make new batteries.
- Battery casings are made from nickel which can be recovered and used for stainless steel.
- 50,000 mobile phones can yield approx. 300grams of gold.
- Plastics from mobile phones and accessories should not be burnt, as they release dioxins.